Product additions to Google Business Page
Google my business is a great way of displaying your business information right on Google. 60% of local searches on mobiles are for opening hours and directions. With the ability to use a mobile as a sat nav straight from a Google search, your details should be correct!
Google’s business pages are a great way to display your correct information straight on the Google search page and to add more details such as products and post updates.
Although still in beta and not available for all accounts, Google will be rolling this out in the coming months and more accounts will start seeing a ‘Products (beta)’ navigation tab in their Google business account.
Adding specified products in your Google business account is a great way to generate more exposure for your products and allows people to make a decision about the products you have on offer whilst still on Google.
Google put a higher emphasis on local searches, promoting local business with map features and higher placings in Google rankings, so adding in more data, images, products and posts makes your listing stand out and also gives Google more data showing that when it comes to local searches, you are making the effort and displaying relevant information to searchers.
Reasons to use Google My Business:
- 1 in 3 smartphone searches occur right before a consumer visits a store.
- 18% of local searches buy a product within a day.
- 50% of consumers visit a store within a day of conducting a local search.
- 62% of computer / tablet users and 72% of smartphone users search locally before visiting a store within 5 miles.
- Guaranteed correct business details on Google if you do it yourself.
Drawbacks to using Google My Business
- Adding products and posts is a manual job (for now) so can be time consuming.
There isn’t any real reason to not be using Google business pages especially with the potential benefits that can be had. Plus it is free! If you haven’t claimed your listing yet, do it today, or give us a call on 01257 429217 and we will help.
How To Add Product To Google Business Page
- Log into your Google business account.
- Click on the Products (beta) navigation tab on the left hand side.
- Click ‘Add product collection’ button.
- Give your collection a name (main category name e.g: shoes, best sellers, t-shirts)
- Add in the name of the product and the product image.
- Click on the Additional details and add in the description of the collection, product description, price (or price range if applicable) and button.
- Click Publish.
- Repeat for the products that you want to feature on Google my Business.
Case Study: Electric Cars
The most recent batch of products that we uploaded to to Google Business was for a local Electric Car seller, called electriccarsuk.com.
Googling Electric Cars UK Preston will bring up the local search results and you can see the different cars that are listed on their site on Google:
This shows the category that the products fall under - in this case Electric Cars and Electric Vans, then a list of the individual products that are under that category.
Clicking on the images of the cars themselves shows more information and a link to click through to the website to get more information:
If you need any help adding products to Google business pages, please feel free to get in touch.